About the role
Our client are looking for an experienced SQL Developer to assist with migration projects and the day to day management of database server.
- Provide support and development of the SQL Server architecture.
- Work closely with internal and external project teams to provide Business Intelligence capabilities.
- Creation and implementation of SQL queries and reports based on business requirements and Implementation of operational efficiencies through the design and re-structure of existing SQL architecture.
- Work closely with web developers and infrastructure team to ensure unification of process’ and opportunities for data analysis across the business.
- Assist with various projects from conception through to delivery and implementation.
- To identify any material risks that occur within your function. These should be entered onto the Risk Database and appropriately monitored and reviewed.
- To contribute to the implementation of corporate culture initiatives.
- To be aware and comply with office health and safety procedures.
- To carry out other such duties and responsibilities as required by your line manager.
Skills and Experience:
- SQL Server reporting, queries and administration in a production environment, up to and including SQL Server 2012.
- VBA and Access desktop application development.
- Strong data migration skills.
- MS office and integration within SQL environments.
- Carrying out code reviews and improving practices/processes.
- Cloud storage ideally MS Azure.
- Must be able to work on own initiative through entire project lifecycles.
- Carrying out project work/upgrades and implementations.
- Ability to liaise with and facilitate 3rd party relationships.